Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have so much to be thankful for this year that I hardly know where to begin. First of all, being married to the most wonderful, intelligent, funny man I've ever met is a huge blessing. This year could've been a lot harder for both of us but getting to share the burden makes it easier.

And our wonderful ragdolls, Duke Ellington and Thelonious Monk, are always a blessing and a reminder that life is so fun.
We are so blessed to live in a city that we love, especially since a year ago, we didn't know where we would end up. We've discovered that we like to be outdoors and do things like hike!
I can't believe that I am finally in school to do what I've felt called to do since I was 16, and I love it even more than I thought I would.
It's also been great to live within a half hour of my parents for the first time since I left for boarding school my junior year of high school.
There's so much that we're thankful for: Joe's job, a roof over our heads, a church that truly shows the all-encompassing love of Christ, flexible bishops in Texas and Tennessee, our health and that of our parents.

So after running the Habitrot 5K tomorrow morning, we're having dinner at my parents' house with four guests. Below is our menu!

Thanksgiving Menu

Appetizers:
Baked Brie with Carr's Water Crackers
Sausage and Cheese with Triscuits

Meat:
Turkey breast
Ham

Sides:
Cranberry salad
Vermont Cheddar Mashed Yukon Golds
Turkey Gravy
Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing
Sizzled Green Beans with Crispy Prosciutto and Pine Nuts
Rolls

Dessert:
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie

Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww it's nice to see some more pics of your kitties :) Your menu sounds great!