I also got to go grocery shopping at the brand-new Publix that opened up near my part of town since I was over that way for an interview. I love their produce, their service, and their meat. This turkey sausage was delicious, and this is the kind of meal where you want to use the best ingredients because there aren't very many of them.
Pasta with Hot Sausage, Peppers and Broccoli
source: Mary Ellen's Cooking Creations
- 1/2 lb short pasta
- 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed and chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 c dry white wine
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 c low sodium chicken broth
- Approximately 1/2 c shredded Parmesan cheese
- Put water on to boil for the pasta.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pan
- Add sausage and start to crumble it with your spoon as it cooks; about 10 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic, stir
- Deglaze pan with white wine, scraping up brown bits
- Add broccoli and red peppers; stir
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain and let sit.
- Add chicken broth and stir; let simmer for about 8 minutes
- Add some of the cheese
- Add pasta and the rest of the cheese; toss to coat